Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Unearthed What Might Have Been My Thesis Poster.

It wasn't a trip down the memory lane, but a few days ago, I suddenly remembered my design for what could have been the final version of my thesis poster. I rushed and took out my external hard drive to find out if I still have a copy. Lucky that I still have it! 

Did I already have an obsession for solids and lines back then?

Lines, cubes, colors. I made this in Photoshop. *I'm not sure why this one has those gray layers.*

As much as I would like to think that I had already a penchant for geometric figures from that time, no. In my school, during my time, we (CS majors) did not prioritize much the user interfaces of our respective theses since they were researches by nature and functions were more important. In other words, I had to make up for the simple UI by creating a good representation of what my thesis is about. Those cubic blocks represented the information that were shown by the software I made. The lines were added for a modern and digital look. Well, I don't plan to explain my lengthy thesis here. If you're wondering, the poster was part of the requirements for passing the thesis course.

Draft version.
Speaking of requirements, there was also a CD cover. The CD contained all the files that composed the developed software, along with the images and powerpoint presentation.



The final version of the poster was streamlined. But at least the CD cover got to be retained haha. I'm just glad that I remembered this one. Some hint of artiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment