Saturday, March 16, 2013

Art In The Park. We Contemplated.

We have proven that art has the power to wake our lazy butts.

No, I'm not a Noranian but I like this. Veteran actress, "Superstar" Nora Aunor.

Just this afternoon, Nikki (my friend and office-mate,  plus a talented illustrator *wink*) and I visited the Art In The Park event held at Jaime Velasquez Park in Salcedo Village, Makati City. It was amusing, although some overpriced art pieces (which can be DIY projects in our opinion) raised our eyebrows.




On our way out, we thought again (but this time, very seriously) of implementing our illustration plans this year. Nikki wants to paint things and have them framed. I want to doodle for a 2014 calendar. I'm still a furniture concept designer. But I've been passionate about drawing since the Power Rangers and Sailormoon days when I repeatedly drew the T-Rex machine and Usagi Tsukino and her gang, practically on any paper I held.

I wish someone would watch over me and slap me whenever I get way too lazy on my free time but yes, the Art In The Park is a wake up call!

No comments:

Post a Comment