Friday, June 15, 2012

Design Idea: Young. Reversible. elbisreveR.

By the time I was done with my first chair, I thought I should begin my quest in creating more functional furniture. Inspired by the cramped (and expensive!) home spaces that are sprawling in the metro, I have here my version of a reversible chair.

What I had in mind was simple - a chair that I can flip with the arm rests, painted with two different colors, becoming the legs, and turn it over back to its early look. I believe this can be convenient for anyone who wants a chair with two looks but takes up the same amount of space.

The only sketch I made for the idea.

In the end, it turned out to be the following figure. I made use of pastel colors, red orange and olive green, to make the arms/legs appear lively. Instead of having a drawer, I carved a thin elongated hole at the front of the seat. Extending to the back, the hole can accommodate two magazines or a few pieces of paper documents for storage.




After finishing this, I started to hope that I can design furniture that balance both aesthetic and function.

No comments:

Post a Comment